Slovakia in Europe

Slovakia in Europe
SLOVAKIA IS NUMBER 35 BETWEEN UKRAINE AND AUSTERIA AND CZECH REPUBLIC AND HUNGARY AND POLAND

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PIESTANY

October 26 and 27

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 Stan and I decided it was time for a road trip.  With no definite plans and no reservations we got into our little rented Mercedes and headed north and east, hoping eventually to end up in Kosice....at some point.  Stan had read a little about a town only a little ways away called Piestany, which has warm mineral baths and and someplace called 'spa island' by theVah River.  While Stan had climbing castles and ancient churches in mind for this town, I heard the word 'SPA' and headed straight there.  Stan tried to talk me into visiting other places and then perhaps coming back, but I had the power (the keys to the car) and I parked and marched into the lobby to book a room somewhere, anywhere in this complex.  I immediately made appointments for mineral baths, massages, and a pedicure.  Stan was in agreement once he found that he could golf the 9 hole course the next day.  AND we had a big bed with a feather bed cover for each of us.  Now, I told Stan, I am totally on vacation.  We went to the lounge last night after dinner where they had live music and dancing!

Wednesday October 27, 2010

We stayed an extra day in Piestany (Pee esch stan ee).  We went to breakfast which was included with the room.  Carol had quark and yogurt with her fruit.  When she asked what quark was made of, I told her wall plaster as best as I could tell, she agreed that is now it tastes, but you must say it gives the breakfast substanance.
Then I went golfing at a 9 hole course, too many trees, I hit one ball that actually struck three trees and the parking lot behind us.  Carol walked with me for exercise.  It was a beautiful day about 50 degrees and sunny.  After golf we had a nap, I fell asleep in the bath tube and Carol started calling for me and woke me up, otherwise, I could still be asleep.  We then went bowling at the Victoria lanes in Piestany.  They were actually very nice.  We did okay after we got the feeling for the ball and lanes.

Then we went back to our Hotel, the Balnea Grand, and skyped, Karen, Eric and Ashtyn.  It was fun to see them.  We then had dinner in the Prague room.  I made the mistake of going to the Warsaw room this morning, a bad mistake, waitress not too happy.  No dancing tonight, too tired.


Carol at the Golf Course


Stan making a putt after one of the few good shots


Carol at the bowling lane

No comments:

Post a Comment